Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And the Winner Is ... REVISED!!!

My constant struggle with which new handgun to purchase has been driving me nuts. So much so that I've decided to make a FINAL decision. I'm happy to announce that is exactly what I've done. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have had to reevaluate not only my choices for a handgun, but even the criteria I used to determine the winner. Thus, my new criteria is focused on home defense and concealed carry and less on competition. I've also had some concerns about safety with five children in the house.

Although I will be proactive in not allowing my kids access to a loaded firearm and training them on proper safe gun handling techniques, I still want as many safety barriers as practical. A gun with manual thumb safety sounds like a smart idea safety move, however, it isn't practical if/when I need the gun in a hurry. My choice for a defensive pistol is a firearm I had previously considered but dismissed it on grounds that it wouldn't adequately fulfill my competition needs. However, it fulfills my newly established criteria perfectly!

So my FINAL choice for a defensive pistol is none other than the Smith & Wesson M&P-9c. The S & W is small enough to conceal yet, with it's 12+1 capacity, it is perfectly capable of handling just about any social situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment