Friday, August 5, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

G26

Although I'm still several months away from that glorious day of purchase, I have made a decision on which pistol(s) I want to own. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd narrowed my decision down to either Beretta's Px4/Px4 Sub-Compact and the Glock 17/26. I'll admit here I really want the Px4 SC. I think it's a sexy little pistol and it's big brother is just as cool! Both manufacturers are very reputable, however, sometimes a new product doesn't work out as well as a company anticipated. And that is what has influenced my preliminary decision.

Px4 storm

Beretta is a reputable arms maker with decades of experience behind them. Perhaps it's experience that leads a company to become somewhat compacent, relax and let quality control (QC) slip a little. Although I have no evidence that this is what has occurred with the Px4 SC, I'm going to write it off as such. Beretta has such an awesome reputation as a top teer firearms manufacturer that I can think of no other reason why they are having the troubles they are having with their Px4 SC. Although it is known to be a reliable shooter, admitted barrel problems and numerous complaints regarding them shooting low and to the left are common when you do a little research on the weapon. With all those complaints and nothing but positive reviews about the Glock, the choice was an obvious one.

My every day Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) will be the Glock 26 unless Beretta corrects the known issues with the Px4 SC. I will then likely reverse my decision and go with the Beretta. I love the Px4's superior capacity (13+1 compared to the Glock 26's 10+1) and, of course, the super sexy look of the Px4! Although there are dozens upon dozens of rave reviews of the G26, I recommend watching "hickok45's" YouTube Glock 26 review. He pretty much says it all for the G26.

And unless I change my mind and purchase the Px4 SC, my primary Home Defense (HD) gun will be the famous Glock 17. In addition to HD duties while at home, I will also be using the G17 for IDPA events. This is something that will improve my gun handling skills plus it's something I've always been interested in and am very excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment